Wednesday, March 26, 2014

3-26-14

This Sunday and Monday, I was so excited about the adventure that I thought I was going to have with God.  But then, I didn't follow through immediately.  And, honestly, I wasted a lot of time that I could have spent trying to change some things in my life and make some good habits.

So, that happened.  But now, it's Wednesday morning, a new day; and it's time to get a handle on things.  I'm kinda scared to try changing.  I have often said that I was going to change.  Anymore, just contemplating the changes I need to make and the habits I need to develop sorta makes me feel like a failure and like I'm scared of failing again.  I just know that I'm going to fail.  I always do.  But God gives more grace.  God, I want to become a great Christian in Your eyes, but I know that it's entirely possible that I'm going to fall down a lot as I try to change some important things in my life.  Please help me to think in a more productive way.  Please help me not to get sidelined by the vision of all my failures.  I am pretty sure that I CAN do this with Your help, but without You nothing will get accomplished in this life of mine.  I'm always praying, asking that You would help me.  I am tired of that prayer.  I need to follow up a prayer like that with faith.  It's my faith in Your willingness to help me that is the problem.  God, I'm going to try to act on the assumption, on the faith, that You are going to help me win this time.

OK, so that said.  Next I have intended to put my sermon notes on this blog, and then to study the Scriptures referenced in those two sermons that I enjoyed this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment