Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Matthew 1:3

"and to Judah were born Perez and Zerah by Tamar; and to Perez was born Hezron, and to Hezron, Ram Matthew 1:3

The first thing that comes to mind when I read this verse is how God blessed these people.  I am childless, and I believe that is the best thing for me.  However, more and more I wish I had the opportunity to invest my life in the blessing of children.  There is a Bible verse, Psalm 127:3 that I have heard many times.  "Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward."  My sister is working her butt off right now, trying to provide for all the children and grandchildren that are living in her house.  On one hand, I feel sorry for her.  If I had so many people depending on me, I don't know if I could handle it.  I tend to balk and run out on people, when I feel them depending on me.  But, my great-nephews certainly know how loved they are by their grandma.  And when things calm down, I believe that my sister and her family will appreciate the work that she put in, as a mother and grandmother, to do the best for her family.

In our text, Judah had already had two sons before Perez and Zerah were born to him by his daughter-in-law Tamar.  I wonder if he was a better father to Tamar's children than he was to his first couple of children. I hope he was.  Do you remember the story of Tamar?  Tamar was the wife of Judah's first son.

This isn't done, but I'm losing patience with it.  I'll come back and finish it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment